Saturday, April 9, 2011

Big Problems in a Small Town

First off, my boss is a coward. He want to stick this on me while he goes on a business trip that just happens to be on the same day as the big, important meeting.

When giving this presentation, their are two words to avoid saying: acceptance and change. The crowd is already hostile and do not want their little town to lose its neighborly character. So, do not tell them they have to accept and deal with changes, because they do not want to hear it! That is not the approach that should be taken.

When presenting the topic, I will be calm and respectful. I will study any information that might be addressed during the meeting and present a solution if there are any problems that pertain to the GrandMart project. If the towns people do not agree with my ideas, I doubt that they would get violent to the point that I would have to leave the meeting. When changes come, people have to accept them and move on.

When it comes to keeping a job and making money, you have to deal with these situations for the good of the company; however, I still think that a little support from my boss would have been helpful in the event of a bad response from the community.

1 comment:

  1. Justin,
    This could have been better. Instead of blaming your boss, you could have come up with a solution to the matter at hand. Still, your method would probably work in most cases. Do the best you can and deliver the speech. Change is part of life.

    ReplyDelete