Monday, February 7, 2011

My Ambitions for the Future

My dream job is to be a technical engineer; therefore, I need to continue taking classes in college and any classes related to computers, mathematics, and science. By earning a degree in this field of study, I will increase my chances of receiving a job in this area. Most companies are looking for applicants with degrees and have had experience in this field of study. I can gain experience by volunteering or interning with businesses in the computer industry.

Upon receiving a call for an interview, I will need to prepare for it; keeping eye contact with the person I am speaking with and answering the questions thoroughly and completely. When asked what my strengths are, I will say that I have learned, through scouting, integrity and honesty, and I am a visual and hands on learner who stays committed to the task until it is completed. Areas I need to improve in are: adjusting to changes more easily, not taking on too many projects at one time, and managing my time more wisely. If asked why I should be hired for this job, I would start by saying that I will do my job, to best of my abillities, to advance the company by working diligently, coming up with new ideas, and by displaying excellent service to the employees, employers, and customers. If and when I am given the job, I will make sure to show my employer that they made the right choice in hiring me.

1 comment:

  1. Justin,
    Good post. I noticed that your writing is improving. Your sentences are more complex. I appreciate the effort. Communication through writing is great skill to have.
    As for your job choice, computers are the way of the future. Certain industries once run by human beings will be replaced by computers. You are wise to pick this career; whether the economy is good or bad, computers and computer technicians are always needed.
    You mention time management as a weakness. You need to learn how to balance your priorities. For now, and the years to come, make sure your studies come first. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete